Try this relaxation breathing technique to lower stress levels, build a stronger immunity, detoxify, increase energy levels and improve your sleep!
The benefits inclucde:
This breathing exercise has both long and short term benefits:
- Lowering stress levels
- Decreasing cortisol production
- Strengthening your immune system
- Rebalances the skin’s sebum production
- Reduced skin flare ups
- Detoxifying the body
- Increasing energy levels
- Improving sleep
Sit, stand, or lay in a comfortable postion, so you can relax your shoulders, your forehead muscles and your eyes.
Taking a deep breath in, imagine that your tummy is a balloon you are trying to fill with air, slowly fill your tummy to a count of 4 and let your abdomen (tummy) rise. Hold your filled balloon like tummy for a count of 1.
Now slowly start to exhale all the air out of your balloon to a count of 6.
Repeat this breath cycle for 5 minutes to feel deeply relaxed.
- You might like to keep your hands on your tummy as you do this exercise so you can really feel the rise and fall of your tummy – this will help you stay focussed and connected to your breath.
- Try and keep your chest as still as possible to allow the air to fully inflate and deflate your abdomen.